We hold Mustang Cup competitions approximately once a month during Wednesday morning Intervention time, and students earn points during the games we play. They may be academic in nature or encourage creative thinking, but always focus on team building and working with others.
Every week, students have the opportunity to earn points for their team. Tickets are earned with notably helpful or considerate behavior and behavior cards hold their own value-- see below for a breakdown of points. Sometimes, we even pose questions on this blog whose responses can earn points, so read carefully!
We are so excited to continue to strengthen our community in an engaging and playful way with our middle schoolers this year.
- 1 Raffle Ticket = 1 House Point (Raffle tickets are earned for: good behavior, helping peers or teachers, exemplifying IB Learner Profile Traits)
- Behavior Card with 0 Hole Punches = 2 House Points (Perfect academics and behavior earn your house two points!)
- Behavior Card with 1 Hole Punch = 1 House Point (Everyone makes mistakes... Let's keep on track and aim to get ZERO hole punches next week!)
- House Cup Competitions = Point systems vary depending on the game
1. All students should turn in their lanyards/behavior cards at the end of each school day. They are collected by their homeroom teachers.
2. Uniform policy has been discussed at length at school; please encourage middle schoolers to be responsible for their own choices! Hole punches for out-of-uniform will begin next week (after a few gentle reminders).
There is no school on Monday, September 4th to observe Labor Day.
Back to School Night is Wednesday, September 6th at 6:00 P.M.
Lunch order forms are due by Thursday, September 7th. Please hand them to your homeroom teacher.
8th grade only: Please note that MAP testing for CPS starts in September and you have to send in your registration form by September 1 to get a September testing date of Sept 23 or Sept 24. In order to test in October, you have to send in your registration by October 2. Please e-mail Ms. Kanaley with questions (email@example.com).
Thank you for your support and for all you do at home. We appreciate you and look forward to a wonderful year!
The Junior High Team